Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cocktail Party Menu

My first party for November was on 11/6, and since it was on a Tuesday evening, I was literally running down to the minute, and had no time for photographs. This Saturday is my second for November, and should afford me plenty of time to photograph and detail out what I put in items and how to prepare it.

If you've read the blog description, the dump cook is quite literal. Most of these things I've made a hundred times or more, but I don't have a list of what I put in. So as I'm making these favorites, I have to take some time to make notes about quantity. Where in the past I would quite literally just squeeze, pour, scoop etc, directly into the bowl, I am actually taking time to use measuring utensils so I can give you an idea of what really goes into these recipes.

My hubby asked what I'll do if I try something and it doesn't turn out, it's simple, I won't post it. Maybe I should and tell you not to try it that it's terrible or blah. I guess I intend this to be a repository for all those recipes that I love, and the ones I don't want to forget. We can all get into a rut when it comes to "What's for dinner?"

Now, on to what this post is really about... the food...

Here is my menu for my cocktail party this weekend:

Savory Appetizers
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cheese Ball (I know what you are thinking, but I get asked to bring this all the time)
Firecracker Shrimp
Brie in Puff Pastry
Assortment of Quiche
Assorted Hard Cheeses
Assorted Crackers
Assorted Nuts and Mints

Sweet Appetizers
Assorted Tarts
Assorted Cheesecakes

Beverages
An Assortment of Liquor, Wine, Beer and Mixers

No comments: