Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oatmeal Bread

Note: This is a bread-machine recipe.

This is my favorite bread machine recipe, my husband actually makes this. We've used it for rolls as well and they turn out quite well. I love the slight chewiness to this bread.

Submitted to Need To Knead.

OatmealBread

Oatmeal Bread


Ingredients

1 cup + 2 Tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3 cup bread flour or other high protein flour
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp oatmeal
2 Tbsp dry buttermilk
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp active dry yeast

Directions

Add wet ingredients to the bread pan
Add dry ingredients and form a well in the top of the dry ingredients
Pour yeast into well of dry ingredients

Use the Sweet Cycle with a Light Crust option, I don't recommend the Rapid Cycle for this bread.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, this sounds great. I'll have to try it, and my youngest is a huge oatmeal fan, so he'll eat it up.

Barbara said...

It's very good, it's our primary bread for sandwiches and toast. I know people are probably like you say everything is good. For the most part I only post the recipes that I love, or ones I want to comment on, like the Orange Balls (as a kid I loved them, can't stand them now)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Yummy - I love the molasses part! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for participating and all your help and support for the Need to Knead Bread Round up!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Barbara, glad you found this recipe to participate in the Need To Knead Bread Roundup which Tamy and I are co-hosting. Tamy tells me you've helped her, so thank you for your efforts to make our roundup a success for all of our readers and participants.
Joy
Need To Knead Bread Roundup