Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Apple Pomegranate

Simple, yet delicious. I don't really even know what to call this. Pumpkin Pie Spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and ground cloves, feel free to replace the Pumpkin Pie Spice with a sprinkle of each of the above. My husband and I split this, so I'd say serves 2. For a beautiful presentation, it would serve 1.



Apple Pomegranate

INGREDIENTS
1 baking apple (I used a McIntosh)
1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp butter
1/8-1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

DIRECTIONS
Core apple
Place apple in a bowl
Place butter in the hole
Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, get most of it in the hole
Fill hole with brown sugar
Microwave on high 90 seconds
Fill hole with pomegranate seeds
Spoon brown sugar syrup in bottom of bowl over seeds
Microwave on high 20 seconds

SERVING SUGGESTIONS
I like it as is, however my husband thinks this is great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a bit of whip cream.

No comments: