Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome Becca!

About 6 years ago I had recently moved back to North Dakota and didn't know a soul except my honey's family. In an attempt to pull together my clutter I joined FlyLady, and while I don't really follow her methods anymore I did come away with two things.

The first: you don't have to clean the whole house right now, just spend what little time you do have right now (5, 10 or 15 minutes) and do something.
The second: a friendship with Becca, who I met through the FlyBabies in ND group.

Becca and I have been friends since first meeting in my dining room 6 years ago. We used to live just a few blocks away from each other on the other end of town, and then both moved within a few months of each other a few blocks away again. Totally coincidence, we didn't plan it, but it's been handy. Especially, when we're often the last ones at each others parties as we talk and laugh late in the night.

So, without further delay, I'd like to introduce you to a dear friend of mine, Becca. She is also an avid cook and we share recipes and a love of kitchen gadgets! I'd like to share recipes a little more frequently, but I find it somewhat difficult since most dishes are just thrown together with what I have on hand. Becca will be sharing recipes as well from now on to give you a little more variety. Also, she and I will be getting together once a month to cook and share the recipes and results. I do hope you'll join us.

I'm going to be moving my Menu Planning posts over to this blog as well starting next week and post a new recipe from my previous menu each week.

1 comment:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hi Becca! Now, I'm jealous too. LOL Wished I lived a few blocks away.