Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pumpkin Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

Pumped up Pumpkin

Here I am sitting here wishing I wasn't sick anymore - it has been two weeks!! I wanted very badly to go over to Barb's today (just showing up in all my coughing glory) and say hi and let's make something. But I figured that I would be a good friend and stay home. (But don't friends share? hee hee) But I did want to make something. So I just went to my cupboard and fridge, pulled stuff out and came up with these:


Pumpkin Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

INGREDIENTS

3 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Cinnamon
12 oz Canned Pumpkin
1 cup Sour Cream
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Oil
3/4 cup (or more) Chocolate Chips



DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375F.

Combine first six ingredients; set aside. Mix well the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Batter will be thick. Then fold in chocolate chips.

Lightly grease muffin tin and fill each almost to the top. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

Makes about 18.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I, like Barb, am a dump cook so I took my time in measuring out what I would dump here, glug there, and shake shake shake everywhere. I think they turned out good, though my taster is off a little still. But my thinking is that if it has sour cream in it, then it HAS to be good. (I have been known to eat sour cream right from the container when rummaging through the fridge for a quick taste of something something. :)

Cheers!
~ Jen

5 comments:

Barbara said...

*laugh* Yeah I don't really want to get sick, but it would have been fun... I was being little miss crafty this weekend and not doing anything productive at all!

These sound great, I love love love pumpkin... did I get enough loves in there ;)

Kiy said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum, pumpkin. Funny, Tamy had pumpkin on the brain today too. For once, I didn't. But these look scrumptious and I just love me some muffins!

Thanks for sharing, I am adding these to my 'must make soon' list!

Hope you are feeling better soon,

Kiy

Becca said...

Oh Jen, these look YUMMY. I too love sour cream. (funny how both of our first posts are sour cream baked goods!) Makes for nummy, moist treats. I haven't made anything with pumpkin for a tragically long time, even though a can of it stares me in the face every time I open the cupboard! Will give this a shot very soon!

Barbara, I was Miss Crafty this weekend too and got very little sleep because of it! :)

Buffie said...

These sound really delicious. I will have to try making them for my daughter because she LOVES pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful. I agree with you, sour cream makes everything yummy!