Friday, November 14, 2008

Cheese Ball

I have no idea why I haven't posted this before now. I know most people are probably thinking "Cheese Ball????", but trust me, this is delicious! I am often asked to bring my cheese ball to parties and get togethers. It's easy and quick to make and very flexible.

Cheese Ball

INGREDIENTS
8 oz cream cheese
4 oz blue cheese
2 Tbsp relish
2 Tbsp prepared brown mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup finely diced onions
3 cups finely shredded cheese (I use extra sharp cheddar, feel free to mix in swiss or any favorite)
1/2 cup chopped nuts, parsley, whatever you want to roll the cheese ball in

DIRECTIONS
Beat cream cheese until fluffy, mix in remaining ingredients except shredded cheese.
Add shredded cheese, mix until incorporated
This makes 2 large balls, or any number of smaller balls, depending on how you want to separate it. I usually separate it in half and then 1 half in half again. I'll put the large ball on the main table, and the two smaller balls with crackers around the room.

However you decide to separate it, put the portion in the center of a square of plastic wrap, use the wrap to form it into a ball and seal it tightly, put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Repeat for remaining portions.

After it's been chilled, roll each portion in whatever you've chosen to roll it in. I usually use a combination of chopped salted peanuts and chopped toasted pecans.

No comments: