Friday, October 26, 2007

Apple Butter Results

I've been peeling, coring, slicing and dicing this evening and the results smell divine. As I mentioned earlier, I was given two large bags of apples from a coworker. To give you an idea of the sheer volume, here are the remaining apples after I pulled out the the 64 or so I used to make the apple butter.





After the addition of the Apple Brandy, Cinnamon, Ginger and Cloves it really finally started to smell like Apple Butter. I think tomorrow I may have to bake a loaf of oatmeal bread and indulge a bit. In the meantime, a bit of baguette will have to suffice for testing.







I halved the recipe and got about 6 1/2 jars, so I need to make at least one full batch for the holidays. I wanted to try it out first before ending up with a ton of Apple Butter, that may not taste any good. The first full jar is going to the coworker who gave me all the apples. I'll make a pretty label for it first.



I think I'll save the Apple Galette and the Caramel Apples for Sunday, my hands are a bit sore from all the peeling.

No comments: